Friday, February 6, 2009

Pee pee on the potty!


When Madeline was potty training, we made up a little ditty to sing to her during and after her visits to the potty. The lyrics went something like this:

Pee pee on the potty

Wearin' big girl panties

Poo poo on the potty

I'm a big girl now!

The tune was not anything recognizable or even good. Nonetheless, she responded positively, learned the words herself, and another classic DeWitt kid song was born. As Sawyer potty trains, the song has resurfaced and we are singing it again. It is so damn annoying. I annoy myself when I sing it. I cannot carry a tune to save my life. However, if it makes that kid pee and poo on the potty so that I no longer have to change her nasty diapers, so be it. I will sing the damn song at the top of my lungs and play an instrument if need be. Whatever it takes..I will do it.


Having 2 children in diapers sucks. They always poop immediately after I take out the garbage. Diapers are expensive and they smell. Diapers leak and they ruin clothes. If you toss even a peed-in diaper in your bathroom garbage and leave it for an hour, the whole damn cabinet stinks. Gross. The whole fallacy that breastfed babies' diapers are not stinky is total crap. They stink too. Jason thinks Eamon's diapers smell like hot-buttered-popcorn. I couldn't agree more except that I need to add that they smell like rotten hot-buttered-popcorn. Yuck. Not to mention that they are bright goldish yellow and stain the poor kid's bottom. Disgusting.


Nonetheless, Sawyer has pottied, multiple times each day, on the potty for 6 days straight. Holy moly does she respond to bribery. She should wear a sign that says, "will work for junk food." Thank you, Sawyer. You are mommy's current hero.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing when I breastfed Alanna. I was all like "Her diapers will smell like roses and sunshine, not like the evilness of her brothers diapers". Was I wrong. Alanna's diapers were and remain to be...evil.

    ReplyDelete