Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Prince


We often refer to Eamon as "the prince" around here, as he is spoiled rotten...by his mommy. I just love that little baby boy and he endears himself to me almost every moment of his existence. I think I know, somewhere in my unconscious that he is my last baby. Therefore, I dote on him in the most ridiculous ways. Honestly, before the prince was born I was worried (that if he did turn out to be a boy) that his Daddy would focus on him to the exclusion of his darling daughters, leaving them feeling slighted and resentful. Wow. I was so wrong. I am the doter. Such a doter in fact, that I let the little prince eat his cereal off of my finger because he prefers it. He doesn't love the cereal and he doesn't like the spoon however, if he is given the nasty stuff on my finger, he laps it up. He is his Mommy's baby all over. Jason tries to feed him with a spoon, and I have to butt in and stick my finger in his mouth, perpetuating this ridiculous behavior. If you hear me complain that my son is "overly attached" or that I "can't go anywhere", you have full permission to laugh in my face and let me know that it is my own damn fault.

1 comment:

  1. You let him eat off of your finger! I think you've gone off the deep end.

    ReplyDelete