Monday, September 24, 2012

Dear Sawyer

Dear Sawyer,

Happy Birthday!

I want to thank you for your awesome attempts at convincing me, the judge of our Apples to Apples game, to vote for your card last night.  Your powers of negotiation are in need of some work BUT, your skills at being cute are unmatched.  So I voted for you.  At 6, you are sweet, kind, smart, and fun.  You are friendly and girly and sparkly and you should probably have your own pony to hang glittery wreaths around while a rainbow shines overhead.  Yesterday, I bought you a bird whistle which is a little contraption that is shaped like a bird and holds water.  When you blow through it, it makes a sound similar to that of a bird call.  Upon arriving home with the whistle, you filled it with water and announced, "Mom, I'm going outside to talk to the birds."  You spent at least 15 minutes out there and were thrilled to announce that the birds were talking back to you.  You were further pleased that you  were able to translate the returning bird calls.  Dr. Doolittle has nothing on you.  Additionally, you claim to speak baby and are endlessly translating back and forth for  Truman and I.  Thank you for that, I'll take all the help I can get around here.  I am also impressed that you claim to speak Spanish and German.  It is no small feat for a 6-year-old WITHOUT bilingual parents to be such an accomplished master of languages.  I guess I don't really need to talk about how wonderful your imagination is  but,  I want to thank you for sharing it with Eamon.  As his most enjoyed playmate, he has learned a lot from you.  Imagination and languages are just 2 such treasures he has gleaned from his time with you.

Sawyer, you are the funny one, the cute one, and the one who can drive me absolutely crazy.  You don't give up on many of the campaigns you begin.  Especially if candy is involved in any way.  You make friends easier and more quickly than anyone else in this family.  Your birthday parties are out of control.  I love that you read, wear fake glasses, and make up stories.  I love that you are organized and put things away.  I love that you are mine.  I am proud as heck of ya and I wouldn't change you for anything.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment