Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Hangover


We have a had a summer full of family. Family has come to stay here. We have gone to stay with family. It has been really nice. I love to see my neices on both sides of the family. I love my sister-in-law and her husband. I was able to see my brother, his wife and their son over the fourth when they so willingly drove to West Lafayette. My sister flew in from Colorado and stayed with us for several days. We have been to Ohio and my mom and step-dad have been to visit us. Our next endeavor is to throw my 65-year old retired father into our new mini-van and drive to Minnesota to return the favor of a visit to my brother. That should be interesting.


Jason and I are lucky that we each find it enjoyable to spend time with our own families as well as our in-laws. Nothing is perfect but, we are in a pretty good place as far as loving and accepting each other's families. Nonetheless, I predict a family hangover that may not resolve itself until around Christmas time once the summer comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment