Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Odyssey

Ahh. A new addition to our family has recently arrived. She is a welcome addition and a dream come true. A new mini-van. We have been putting off the purchase of this car for some time (approx. 1 year) and I could not be happier to drop the cash that it is going to cost us.

I was not always a fan of the mini-van. I always said that I would never, ever drive a grocery getter. I always felt that I was way too cool and stylish to drive such a car. I have always seen the min-van as a clear statement of having "given up." That was until I had three kids and wanted to leave the house without completely polluting the environment and/or spending $50,000 on a car.

I am now the owner (in conjunction with the finance company) of a Honda Odyssey. I love it. Jason loves it. It is spectacular. The kids are an arm's length away from each other, they can watch DVDs and feel comfortable when we go places. Often, when we would go out in our other car (3 car seats all right next to each other) the kids would fight, pull hair, put feet in each other's faces and generally bring their animosity into wherever our destination would be. Now, they are quiet, relaxed and pleasant upon arrival at our destination, and I could not be more pleased. This car has so much room. We left for the weekend on Friday with our three children, our niece and all of our gear and had plenty of room for more.

As happy as the kids are to be comfortable, Jason and I have entered this place in our minds where mini-vans are cool. Jason believes that his man card will not be revoked and I think I look stylish and hip. Maybe we are kidding ourselves. Maybe we're right.

3 comments:

  1. You keep the man card based on an automatic waiver for three or more kids. It proves you're virile and a problem solver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Katie...I'm starting to see the light but we'll see what happens. :-)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I hate to admit it, but it was really nice having my parents' minivan last week. The only problem was them fighting over who got to press the button to open and shut the doors. But the space and having them apart from each other was priceless!

    ReplyDelete