Sunday, April 5, 2009

Priceless Quotes From a 9-Year Old

The Honakers' (Jason's sister and family) came to visit again this past weekend. I'm sure when they come to our house that they experience culture shock. They have one child, Avery who is very well-behaved and independent. Poor Avery. When she gets here, she is inundated with "love" from her adoring cousins. I'm sure that it is so annoying to her. Additionally, her parents who love their nieces and nephew unconditionally have got to be somewhat irritated by the constant "love" (otherwise known as demands, crying, sitting in your lap, following you around, constantly saying your name) they receive. I know the Honakers' love to visit us. Undoubtedly, they also love to head home, to the quiet sanctuary that Kentucky provides them. This weekend Avery spouted off another of her famous quotes regarding the DeWitt family. Last time she was here she commented on the work that I do as a mom:

Avery: "Three kids is a lot of work."
Aunt Katie: "Yes it is but, I love it."
Avery: "Seems like a hassle."

Most recent quote:
Avery: "Aunt Katie, do you want a fourth kid?"
Aunt Katie: "Yep, sometimes I do. I love those babies!"
Avery: "You're crazy. There is something wrong with you."
Aunt Katie proceeds to crack up and agree wholeheartedly.

1 comment:

  1. This kid sounds like a hoot. I love the "hassle" comment. Sometimes it IS a hassle!

    ReplyDelete