Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Day!!


Last week, we had a snow day. I love snow days. I do not go to school however, I was up at the crack of dawn (well, before that) watching NBC in hopes that my daughter would have a snow day. I just feel like I'm getting away with something, even when my kid doesn't have to go to school. It hit me all at once that I am the adult when my daughter decided that she wanted to head to a friend's house in the neighborhood rather than hang out with me and "get away with stuff." Of course, 14 kids from our little neighborhood headed over to the Davis' and if I were a kid, I would rather go there than hang around with my mom while she quiets screaming kids. She did not, in any way ruin my snow day by ditching me for sleds and hot chocolate down the street. It still felt good, getting her dressed "like a tick about to pop (Christmas Story reference)" to the point where she, like Randy (again, Christmas Story) could not put her arms down. I lived vicariously through her and it was wonderful. Hooray for snow days! Now let's hurry up and get to spring.

1 comment:

  1. I'm that mom that hates snow days! Hopefully I'll feel different when both of mine are in school full time!

    ReplyDelete